TMC Meeting Minutes August 4th 2018

Tasmanian Motorcycle Council Inc Minutes of General Meeting 4th August 2018 Venue …… Richardson’s Harley Davidson VIP Room

Tasmanian Motorcycle Council Inc

Minutes of General Meeting  4th August 2018
Venue …… Richardson’s Harley Davidson  VIP Room
Meeting opened 10.30 am


Welcome By Paul Bullock (Chairman)


Paul Bullock,  S Hrycyszyn , D Penny, M-Brien Courtney, H Van Zetten, T Bennett, S Buckner,  M Boyd


T Target, T Mc Carthy, J Penny

Agenda Items

Sponsorship by AJL web site administration, AJL will forward $2,500 to RHD for administration of the TMC site,  Simon advised this management will be undertaken by Lindelle (RHD) under the guidance of Simon.

TMC Thank you letter to be sent to AJL

Simon advised that MAIB and Govt funding is no longer available for TMC.  TMC to look at other means of funding.

New legislation, Simon advised that RHD have paid for the 3 x full page adds placed in the Examiner, Advocate & Mercury prior to the protest rally held at Parliament House. Paul and Simon advised they have had meetings with MLC’s  regarding this matter.     Paul has also written and sent a letter (copy tabled) to the Legislative Council.

Simon advised he has received a document by the FBI from USA 16 pages in total in regard to the proposed legislation matters and their findings of Motorcycle Clubs and organised crime. This document will be uploaded to the TMC website.

Henk Van Zetten thanked Simon for the placement of the 3 adds.

Meeting agreed that a PDF file for registration of supporting persons information and a fund me page be added to website Danny Penny to administer this registration.

General Business

Tom Bennett to represent ULYSSES on TMC.

Michael-Brien Courtney told the meeting he has spoken to Ross Hart who is in support of motorcyclists in Tasmania and TMC having access to full MAIB statistics.

Henk seeking first aid course suppliers for HOG Tasmania.

Simon asked for an agenda item for the next meeting this being MAIB costs and the No Fault system in Tasmania.

Danny seeking sponsorship for the Awareness Ride on 17th November Perth to Hillwood via Launceston City.

Danny raised concerns with the new lane filtering system  lack of motorist knowledge and public awareness of the system. Paul to look into supply of stickers along the older type previously available LOOK LEFT/LOOK RIGHT  with a picture of a motorcycle.

TMC to contact Hobart City Council regarding the release of their new transport plan catering for all modes of transport (motorcyclists excluded) entering and exiting the City. Do they have a plan for motorcycles ??

Meeting agreed that there are some changes to the constitution as circumstances for TMC have changed.

  1. Meeting corium number persons required for meeting.
  2. Public advertising of AGM



AGM 8th September
10.30 AM
AT Richardson’s Harley Davidson.

Download the PDF HERE