Meeting with Minister for Infrastructure Hon Michael Ferguson
20 September 2019
Minister for Infrastructure Hon Michael Ferguson
Meeting with the minister and TMC ( Paul Bullock & Simon Hrycyszyn ) took place on Thursday 19th September 2019.
Informed minister of the following
- There are over 52,570 licensed motorcyclists
- There are over 17,858 registered Motorcycles
Motorcycle licenses Full 52,570
Novice Learner 1,126
Provisional (P1) 748
Provisional (P2) 1,457
14% of all motorcycle claims were by unlicensed or Tas Unknown
In the last 4 years 13% of all motorcycle claims were by unlicensed or Tas Unknown
- Raising speed limit for novice riders to the same as motor vehicle novice drivers!
- Our concerns about Unlicensed and Unknown riders being included in the MAIB claims.
- A separate pool of money for unlicensed riders ETC to be paid from
- One pool of money for all claims.
- Funding for 2 members of the TMC to attend “ Training Road Safety Audit course being held in Hobart in November.
- On going funding for the TMC.
The minister has taken our concerns and will be looking into the issues and will be responding in due course.
Tasmanian Motorcycle Council Inc
0427 889 074