General Meeting Minutes November 13th 2021
General Meeting 10.30 am 13TH NOVEMBER 2021
Brian Hornsey, Mick Boyd, Paul Bullock, Bron McCarthy, Peter Fleming, Trudi Hogg
Apologies: Simon Hrycyszyn
- Previous Meeting Minutes
- Meeting from 25th September 2021 , accepted by all and seconded by Peter Fleming
- Business arising from previous meeting.
- Mick and Simon attended a meeting seeking grant for TMC, it was denied. Also spoke about reducing number of classes of motorcycles for registration fees, Paul explained the fee schedule is set out the regulator and can not be changed for 4 years. He also said MAIB fees are than the the CPI and the fees are determined by accepted claims from that motorcycle class.
- Paul Bullock attended the LGH with local council and explained the motorcycle parking has disappeared. The council have now allocated new motorcycle parking spots for the LGH.
- AMC letter from Chairman, Wire Rope Barrier Media Release- ongoing, lobbying to change federal stance on WRB’s.
- New standards for NSW regarding when and where legally required to wear a helmet. No one has heard anything about any changes to Tas yet, person to speak to would be Guy Stanford.
- Legislative council put a submission with Rosemary Armitage- respond was inviting to attend the meeting on 29th November @ Henty House.
- AMC chairman sent letter saying what has happened in the AMC in October.
- Gary Kent sent an apology for last meeting which we did not receive until after meeting was held. Apology noted.
- Austin Wallis sent a letter saying there are no defensive riding courses in Tasmania. Mick responded thanking him for his letter and passed on information for there AJL refresher course.
- Peter Blanch draft statement on policy of WRB
- Michael Ferguson thanks Paul Bullock for his time serving as President of the Tasmanian Motorcycle Council
- Brian seconded all correspondence
- OUTWARD CORRESPONDANCE
- .See above
- Treasures Report
- See attached
- General Business
- . Paul- If we see any spots that look good for parking in city and surrounds to take photos and pass on to TMC and we can take that to the council to get more spots. Mick has a RSAC meeting on Tuesday in Hobart.
Meeting closed at 11:07am
Saturday 22ND January 2022 10:30am Ironhorse Bar & Grill